Creating a Google Places Page should be one of the first things you do as a business. It is important to claim your business on Google. You can keep your information up to date and read through reviews to see what customers like and and don’t like.
- Go to www.google.com/placesforbusiness and sign in
- Next a page asking for your business phone number will come up. Click Find Business Information.
*This is how Google finds your business.
- When Google finds your business select Edit. Something like this will come up, all the drop down boxes will be expanded.
- Start with Basic Information.
This is where you will put in information; some of it may be put in already by Google. You can add things like a description and category. Your page will be built as you add information, on the left side of the screen.
- Next you will either mark that customers come to your location or you go to their home.
- Hours of Operation come next. Mark your hours by day or you can make all days the same hours by marking Apply to all.
- The next drop down is Payment Options. You can insert the types of credit cards taken at your business or whether you just take cash.
- Add a photo to your Places page. Choose a photo to upload and click Add Photo.
- If you have videos you would like to add, you can put those up.
- Add additional information that you want your customers to know.
*EX. parking, if reservations are needed
- When you have finished putting in all your information click Submit.
Google will either send a post card to your business address or call the business phone number with a PIN number that you need to put in your Google Places home page. After this PIN is inserted it may take up to 4 weeks to become active. To check your status go to www.google.com/placesforbusiness/ and log in with your Gmail Account.